A High Fiber Diet Plan
to Get You Started
Introducing a high fiber diet plan? Breakfast is the best place to bulk up your daily fiber intake. Choose smoothies over juices or blend whole fruits and thin with water if necessary for a nutritious and filling start to the morning. Many commercial cereals such as all bran and Uncle Toby’s ‘Plus’ are an ideal source of fiber just watch the added sugar content.
forget the many health benefits of good old fashioned porridge, yum!
- Oat porridge with banana, sultanas, crushed
walnuts and honey
- Wholegrain toast with baked beans and fried
- Bacon and mushroom omelette with finely diced
onion, parsley and tomato
- Fresh muesli with ground flaxseed, rolled
oats, bran and dried fruit.
- Orange and poppy seed Breakfast muffins made
with wholegrain flour
- Fresh tropical fruit salad with pineapple,
pawpaw and passionfruit with a side of prunes & fresh yoghurt
- Open toasted tomato and sardines on rye with
baby spinach and Swiss cheese
Remember to gradually introduce a high fiber diet plan and make sure you drink plenty of water – this is very important to assist digestion.
- Carrot, raisin and walnut cake
- Apple and bran muffins
- Nuts, especially pistachio, toasted almonds, pecans &
- Any fresh whole fruit (particularly grapes, dates, prunes
- Homemade muesli bars with oats, cashews and Pepita’s
- Prosciutto wrapped Dates stuffed with blue cheese
okra with wasabi soy dipping sauce
Leaving the skin on many fruits and vegetables such as apples,
pumpkin, carrots, potatoes and pears will have a significant impact on your fiber
consumption without any extra effort or calories!
- Four Bean and rocket salad
- Brown rice salad with Asian vegetables and soy dressing
- Mushroom and lentil burger with roast pumpkin and snow
pea sprouts on a wholemeal bun
- Brown rice and salmon patties with toasted sesame seeds
- Mexibean chilli pots with corn tortillas and sliced avocado
- Creamed corn on toasted wholegrain bread with grilled
cheese, paprika and cracked black pepper
- Fresh salad sandwiches on multigrain with almond or
The availability of soluble fiber in vegetables increases
significantly when lightly cooked or steamed, especially with broccoli,
cauliflower and carrots.
- Chicken and vegetable laksa with extra bean sprouts
- Chicken enchilada bake
- Lamb roast with honey parsnips and roasted garlic,
potato, sweet potato, pumpkin and zucchini, served with steamed green beans
- Curried lamb with string beans, potato and chickpeas
served with Quinoa and rice
- Whole baked fish stuffed with leek, fennel and Spanish
onion, served with a warm brown rice salad.
- Moroccan lamb soup with turnips, carrots, potato, split
peas, lentils and mixed beans.
- Prawn pad Thai with extra crushed peanuts, coriander and
If you haven't already, please visit the 'high fiber diets' page for a wider explanation.
Incorporating fresh or dried fruits, dried coconut or coconut flour and whole or crushed nuts into dishes will
not only enhance flavour but provide essential extra fiber. Some cakes, muffins, slices and breads lend
themselves exceptionally well to the addition of bran and seeds too.
- Apple & rhubarb crumble with oats & coconut
- Rhubarb & orange compote
- Macadamia, pineapple and coconut cake with cream cheese
- Dark chocolate mousse with crushed raspberries
- Spicy pumpkin pie with fresh cream
- Traditional apple pie with cinnamon and fresh custard
- Chocolate Tart With Hazelnut Shortbread Crust
you for visiting my high fiber diet plan page – feel free to browse my home
page for more info.
Return to TOP of Page
Powered by Solo Build It - Build your business from home