A Delicious Low Carb Diet Meal Plan
A low carb diet meal plan can be delicious but variety is
the spice of life - use it to maintain this lifestyle change.
If you love eggs then breakfasts will be a breeze; poached, scrambled,
fried….they are a low carb staple!
- Bacon & eggs on wholegrain toast
- Prosciutto based quiches with smoked bacon, sundried
tomato, basil and parsley
- Chorizo frittata with chilli
- Open grilled sardines on rye with fresh tomato and onion
- Fried mushrooms with herbed sausages
- Asparagus and goats cheese frittata
- Spicy lamb ‘pancakes’
Having ready-made portions on hand will take the guess
work out of snacking. Your appetite may
change gradually but keep in mind we often snack out of
routine rather than genuine hunger.
- Marinated chicken wings
- Ham or salami rolls
- Devilled eggs
- Cashew nuts
- Protein balls
- Smoked beef strips
Use lean cuts of meat and include plenty of seafood when available. If possible visit your local fish market and
butcher for affordable specials. Also low carb does not mean low flavour, feel
free to herb and spice things up as much as you like.
- Lamb steaks with eggplant and hummus
- Red salmon, egg & rocket salad with anchovies, bacon & Cesar dressing
- Lentil, pancetta and spinach soup
- Thai fish cakes with coriander & mint salad
- Cajun chicken with avocado, lime and chilli salsa
- Barbecued peri-peri pork with quick guacamole
- Beef burgers with grilled eggplant and capsicum
When seeking low carb vegetables remember leafy greens
have the least amount and are rich in phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals,
followed by stems and flowers (broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, artichoke and
mushrooms). Others such as pumpkin,
squash, avocado and tomato are next on the carbohydrate scale.
- Whole Roasted chicken with thyme and sage butter
- Beef and mushroom teriyaki stir fry
- Asian pork with wilted greens
- Barbequed Cajun and paprika squid with avocado, sundried
tomato and baby spinach salad with lemon and ginger dressing
- Coconut and macadamia crusted fish with steamed asparagus
- Braised beef with green beans in garlic butter
- Chorizo, fetta and parsley stuffed squid with roast
mushrooms basted in pesto sauce on a bed of baby spinach.
If you haven't already, please visit the 'low carb diet plans' page for a wider explanation.
Finding recipes that avoid sugar and still taste
delicious has definitely become easier with many online recipe sites available.
Diabetic networks in particular have a wealth of innovative dessert ideas
including traditional sweets using sugar substitutes such as splenda or better
- Toasted almond and coconut meringues
- Light peach cobbler
- Chocolate dipped pecans and strawberries
- Sugar and crust free spiced pumpkin pie
- Low Carb New York Ricotta Cheesecake
Have fun with your low carb diet meal plan!
Thank you for visiting my low carb diet meal plan page.
Feel free to visit the homepage or just look around.
Return to TOP of Page
Powered by Solo Build It - Build your business from home