Although it is called a liquid diet plan, many of these ‘fluids’ are considered foods therefore you must also drink plenty of water throughout the day to maintain hydration and assist weight loss.
· Blueberry, honey and ground oat smoothie with almond milk
· Ginger and lemon tea
· Banana and coconut smoothie with ground flaxseed
· Carrot, apple, orange and ginger juice with fresh mint
· Tomato soup with garlic and cracked pepper
· Green tea with lemon and honey
· Apple and watermelon juice with
Some claim that it
will detoxify the system by cleansing it of impurities, however medical science
vigorously disputes this claiming that the liver can manage to detoxify the
body all on its own, however paying a little more attention to what we eat and
importantly how much water we drink is always a good thing!
Clear soups are an ideal inclusion; balance sweet smoothies and juices with savoury soups and -purees. Keep in mind whole crushed fruits are better than juices as fructose without fibre will be stored rapidly as excess energy.
· Strained chicken soup with celery and carrots
· Strawberry, raspberry & blueberry smoothie with yogurt and rice milk
· Spinach, carrot, tomato and celery juice with salt and pepper
· Banana and paw paw smoothie with chai seeds and almond meal
· Protein shake, prescribed meal replacement powder.
· Asparagus and spinach soup with creamed corn
· Black bean soup with tomato
For those that have considerable trouble adhering to a
‘traditional’ restrictive diet a liquid diet plan combined with portion
controlled meals can often be a popular option. Not only is the guess work
removed from the equation but nutrition is clearly defined and balanced.
· Cream of cauliflower soup with cracked pepper and parsley
· Clear chicken soup with celery and carrot
· Banana and hemp seed smoothie with yogurt
· Carrot, beetroot, ginger and celery juice
· Warm tomato soup with leek and onion
· Formulated meal replacement shake
· Spiced pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot soup
Vegetable soups are a great way to provide the body with
essential nutrients. A large pot of soup can be made to last several days, just
be aware of the salt content.
Desserts & Snacks
· Frozen yogurt with pureed fruit
· Pureed Avocado and cucumber with Greek yogurt
· Pap paw and honey smoothie
· Iced tea granita with peach and lemon
· Raspberry jelly with stevia
· Warm green tea with honey
When planning your liquid diet there are a number of processes you can use to keep things interesting such as soups, juices, smoothies, jellies made with gelatin and fresh juices, cold granitas and warm teas. Balance your nutrients and don’t forget to include adequate proteins and fats, if dieting for medical reasons always check with your doctor for guidelines.