As well as an IBS Diet Plan Menu, doctors or dieticians may recommend an exclusion diet, gradually reintroducing foods one at a time to detect any triggers.
can sometimes be known as the FODMAPS elimination diet, which stands for
Fermentable Oligosaccharides, Disaccharides, Monosaccharide’s and Polyols - otherwise known as carbohydrates found in grains and vegetables, legumes, milk,
fruit and sweetened foods.
· Rice cakes topped with smooth almond or peanut butter and mashed banana
· Rice cereal such as rice bubbles with almond or rice milk
· Coconut yogurt with blueberries and strawberries
· Mango and banana smoothie with lactose free milk and almond meal
· Rye toast topped with poached or scrambled eggs
The soluble fibre in oat bran, barley, peas, nuts and seeds may help to sooth your system with fibre your body can digest. Although research is mixed, some studies do suggest that soluble fibre may ease IBS symptoms, it’s also linked to lower cholesterol.
Psyllium, a soluble fibre included in some cereals and supplements, may help you feel full and control cravings in addition to relieving IBS complaints.
· Greek- salad made from lettuce, tomato, olives and feta cheese.
· Pumpernickel bread sandwiches with avocado and tomato and tined tuna
· Chicken soup with rye toast
· Smoked salmon, tomato and lettuce on rice or corn crisp bread
· Rice salad with tinned tuna and capsicum
· Vegetable soup with grilled fishcakes
IBS symptoms tend to be increased following large meals,
particularly if the meal is high in fat, and eaten quickly. Try to be mindful
when you eat and chew each mouthful properly. Light exercise after eating may
also help to relieve symptoms.
· Sesame seed snaps with honey
· Mashed avocado on rye toast
· Rice cakes with nut butter (cashew, macadamia, peanut)
· Ryvitas with smoked salmon
· Blueberries with coconut yogurt
A high fibre diet may be considered if your existing diet is very low in fibre as this can sometimes relieve symptoms, although in some cases this may have the opposite effect.
Before you completely eliminate fibre from your diet,
concentrate on sources of soluble fibre found in fruits, vegetables and
legumes, such as apples, berries, carrots, and oatmeal.
· Chicken stir fry with basmati rice
· Potato and leek frittata
· Grilled fish with tomato ratatouille
· Chicken Kiev with steamed vegetables
· Lamb chops with mushy peas and steamed carrots
· Grilled sea scallops with butter sauce and brown fried rice
Through a gradual process of elimination and reintroduction you should be able to eventually find a healthy balanced diet to suit your tastes and relieve your symptoms.
Thankfully there are many pre-made
options available in supermarkets today, just read the labels thoroughly as
many products make bold claims without actually having the goods to support
· Oat and sultana biscuits
· Stewed pears with fresh cream, cloves and cinnamon
· Almond and coconut truffles
· Blueberry and lemon polenta cake
· Apricot, almond and coconut slice
· Kiwi and lime Jelly with stevia
you for visiting our IBS Diet Plan Menu, feel free to check out our homepage as