The DASH diet meal plan is a healthy way of eating that offers many
health benefits besides just lowering blood pressure. Weight loss and prevention of many other chronic diseases are helpful side effects.
· Fruit salad with fresh yogurt
· Hardboiled egg with wholegrain toast
· Oat porridge with fresh sliced banana
· Fresh muesli with skim milk
· Grilled tomato, Mushroom and zucchini
· Whole bran muffin with walnuts and dates
· Cinnamon oatmeal with a fruit salad side
The DASH diet meal plan is not a hard and fast strict
diet in traditional terms. The guidelines are recommended to ensure a balanced
diet and to achieve the best health outcomes.
· Grilled chicken salad with pear and rocket
· Turkey breast, Swiss cheese and cranberry sauce wrap with baby lettuce and capers
· Tuna salad with red kidney beans red capsicum and fresh sprouts
· Curried egg and lettuce sandwiches on wholegrain bread with grated carrot
· Lentil patty burger with grilled eggplant and fresh beetroot salad
· Grilled mushrooms with pine nut pesto with a Greek salad side
Experiment with using herbs and spices to season dishes
rather than traditional salt. Paprika, pepper, chilli, curry, coriander and
cumin can all add an extra dimension and depth.
· Cherry tomatoes with balsamic dressing
· Fresh whole fruit including bananas, rockmelon, blueberries, watermelon and oranges
· Fresh almonds or cashews
· Light fruit yoghurt
· Rye bread with cottage cheese
· Fresh avocado with cracked black pepper
Food is always best prepared fresh from whole
ingredients, but in reality this is a luxury many of us just don’t have time
for. Ensure you are still getting the best from your food however by selecting
premade foods that contain the least amount of additives and always read the sodium
· Vegetable lasagne with pumpkin pasta sheets
· Red lentil Dahl with slow cooked lamb and string beans
· Grilled chicken kebabs with fresh pineapple and capsicum and a green side salad
· Roast chicken with slow cooked roast vegetables
· Grilled fish with Steamed asparagus, carrots, brussel sprouts with sweet potato mash.
· Lamb Moussaka with a toss salad and olive oil dressing
· Warm Cesar salad with sardines and fresh croutons
This diet is designed to be carried out in conjunction
with a moderate physical activity regime. This means at least thirty minutes of
exercise per day including some intervals of cardio and strength training.
· Dragon fruit jelly with stevia and mandarin
· Passionfruit cheesecake
· Grilled banana with coconut crumbs
· Rhubarb and apple crumble with oats and coconut
· Watermelon sorbet
· Fresh grapes, plums, apricots, nectarines or dates
· Banana and vanilla bean custard with skim milk
If you liked our DASH Diet Meal Plan, visit our homepage for more info about this site.